The time has come to unveil Baby Girl's alphabet wall and I couldn't be more excited!
I mentioned back in part one of the nursery reveal the colors I wanted to add to put some girliness to the room. Thankfully I LOVED the fabric when it came in, but of course the colors are not the easiest to match, as you'll see in a few upcoming posts..for instance, it took me about 5+ attempts to mix acrylic paints to pin down the orangey/peach shade. Way to go, mom! :/ But thankfully we love it and it looks perfect in the room!
Since we started trying to conceive I've known how I wanted the alphabet wall to look. The only thing that changed was that I used the fabric as the matting instead of the letters.
Anywho, on to how we made this fabulous (if I do say so myself) wall:
1. I stalked garage sales for unique frames. I also purchased a group of items (about 40 total) from a seller on Craigslist that included about 25 frames.
Total: $20 over a year and a half (Some have been used for other decor/pictures up until now.)
2. I created a rough lay out with the frames.
3. I tore off any tabletop stands to make hanging easier and figured out which frames needed hooks.
4. I figured out where I wanted each letter.
5. I chose my different fonts and printed the letters the appropriate size for the frame being used using white cardstock and my Silhouette.
Total: Free (I had the cardstock on hand.)
6. I figured out which fabric I wanted in each frame and cut to size.
Total: $28.75 (with tax and shipping) (I have lots of fabric left over for her bow holder, mobile, rosettes, etc. which are all coming soon to the blog.)
7. I spray painted all of the frames Rustoleum Heirloom White. Most of the frames got a base coat of the cheap $0.99 white spray paint then the Heirloom. (I used 2 cans of the white and 2 of the Heirloom.)
Total: $8.60 (with tax)
8. I finalized the layout based on the dimensions Hubster gave me.
9. Hubster hung the frames like a pro (with only one mess up which was my fault because I put the frame the wrong direction on the floor, oops!). We had to buy a few packs of hooks for the frames that were originally tabletop only.
Total: $6.30 (with tax)
My silly notes. The letter, the frame size, the font used, the fabric choice, and if it needed a hook or not. :)
10. Iron the fabric.
11. Clean the frames.
12. Insert the letters and fabric.
13. Hang the frames!
Without further ado, I give you the alphabet wall picture gallery!
Total cost: $63.65
We hope you all love it as much as we do!
(Side note, the "Q" now has the orangey/peach fabric behind it..I forgot to switch the fabric in it after moving it down a column.)